Saturday, June 5, 2010

Old Newsletter

Lifting Club Becomes a Global Sensation

Long time no talkie,
Since the last time I sent a newsletter, there have been a lot of going-on’s (little of which probably interests you, but read on). This will be all over the place and incoherent, which makes my life much easier. Onto the fun stuff.
- Chris and I got together one day over break and made a TRX. Of course, when I say “we made” I really mean “I watched on, while Chris came up with all the smart ideas and executed the plan,” but that’s not important. Since then, Chris has improved upon our model in many ways and I can honestly say it’s an awesome piece of equipment that I’ve been incorporating into my recent workouts. You can do a lot of beastly bodyweight exercises with it and it’s incredibly versatile. Most importantly, Kuta loves it. Why am I saying all this? Because I’m a capitalist and want your money. Chris and I will be selling them for $45 (or just three easy payments of $15!). Yes, it’s all about the Benjamins. Feel free to talk to me if you just want to try it out sometime or are interested in buying one. For reference, a real one costs $150.

- On that day of divine creation, we also made a short video. Some might call it cinematic genius, but most will probably call it a compilation of crappy clips shot from a hand-held video camera. Criticism will not deter us. In the video you can see the Prowler and the TRX in action. We might also use this video as a promotional video when we try to make this club official.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKvtVrXaHOE

- I got my pair of Vibram Five Fingers and they have exceeded all my expectations. I went for a jog over break and the experience was nothing short of immaculate. I’m not a runner, but I immediately noticed that I was striking on my forefoot without any conscious thought. This is in huge contrast to when I wear normal shoes and I heel strike despite my best efforts. Of course, the chief concern is how they look. They pass the Alex Du test with flying colors. Nothing will get you friends faster than shoes with toes. If you are interested in getting a pair for yourself or want to try them out, get in touch with me. I would recommend them to anyone that runs a lot, but I might also use them in the gym.

- As stated above, we hope to push to make this club official (we’re serious this time). I am also trying to publish the sleep newsletters in the Phillipian soon, so look out for that. Don’t blink because you might miss Lifting Club become the hottest topic on campus. Or not.

- Random study of the day: optimism improves your immune system. This could be relevant in light of recent college decisions. For the people that didn’t get into their favorites, there’s a silver lining: you’re not alone. A year from now I’ll be standing in your shoes.
http://conditioningresearch.blogspot.com/2010/03/optimism-is-healthy.html
I’ll try to answer some more FAQ’s in next week’s newsletter and give away a free prize (just kidding). I also plan to be in the gym with the TRX on Sunday @ 1, so show up if you please. I guess that counts as a club meeting.

Hugs,
Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment